On the day in which the Protection of Personal Data was published (Jan 28th), Ordinance No. 11/2021 of the Presidency of the Republic was also published in the Official Gazette, making the regulatory agenda of the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) public for the 2021-2022 biennium.
The items on the regulatory agendathat will be the first topics to be regulated by the ANPD are the following:
Phase 1 (initiatives whose beginning of the regulatory process will take place within 1 year):
- ANPD Internal Regulations;
- Strategic Planning;
- Data and privacy protection for small and medium companies, startups and individuals that process personal data for economic purposes;
- Establishment of regulations, for the application of art. 52 and those after it, of the LGPD (related to administrative sanctions);
- Reporting of incidents and specification of the notification periods; and
- Personal Data Protection Impact Report.
Phase 2 (initiatives whose beginning of the regulatory process will take place within 1 year and 6 months):
- Personal Data Protection Officer; and
- International Transfer of Personal Data.
Phase 3 (initiatives whose beginning of the regulatory process will take place within 2 years):
- Rights of personal data owners; and
- Legal hypotheses of personal data treatment.
See the complete Ordinance here.